Rockford Fosgate - T500X1BR - POWER MINI - Mono Amplifier 1 X 500WRMS @1 OHMS
- mono subwoofer amplifier
- 175 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (300 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms)
- 500 watts RMS x 1 at 1 ohm
- CEA-2006 compliant
What's in the box?
- Mono amplifier
- 14" Input harness (4-pin Molex connector to 2 female RCAs)
- Setup disc CD-ROM
- Amplifier Quick Setup sheet
- Certificate of Performance Verification
Features and Specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||175 x 1|
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||201 x 1|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||300 x 1|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||1|
|Best Frequency Response||20-250 Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||90 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-250 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/octave|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||N/A|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||N/A|
|Bass Boost||0-18 dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||45 Hz|
|Speaker Level Inputs||Harness|
Overview: The Rockford Fosgate Power T500X1br is an ultra-compact mono-block amplifier. Even though the amplifier is only 8-5/8" x 4-1/4", it puts out a full 175 watts x 1 at 4 ohms, 300 x 1 at 2 ohms, or 500 x 1 at 1 ohm.
Class BR: The amplifier features Rockford Fosgate's proprietary Class BR technology, which stores energy until it's needed, then delivers extended bursts of power. The patented Boosted Rail technology provides increased efficiency and lower distortion.
Constant Power: Rockford Fosgate uses a patented circuit design to gain up to 25% more output power. Constant Power actively increases the voltage and current in direct relationship to the rise and fall of music signals to provide additional power.
Fan Cooled: The T500X1br features dual fans to keep the amp running cool. Dual Fan Forced Induction pulls in fresh air, which pulls heat off of the MOSFETs, and directs airflow into the exhaust channel and out of the amplifier. Since the top and bottom heat sinks are decoupled, the top remains cool to the touch. When installing, you should leave at least 2-3" of clearance around the ends of the amplifier to optimize air flow to the fan intake and exhaust vents.
C.L.E.A.N. Technology: Using Rockford's C.L.E.A.N. (Calibrated Level Eliminates Audible Noise) technology, you can easily and precisely set up the amplifier levels to eliminate distortion from damaging your speakers. Simple LED indicators are used, instead of test equipment, to identify signal clipping at both the input and output, and to match the audio source to the amplifier.
Top Mounted Controls: The T500X1br features easy-to-reach controls on the top panel of the amplifier. The controls include:
- Input Level: This rotary control lets you match the output of the audio source to the amplifier. A small screwdriver (not included) is required to set the levels.
- Input Level Switch: You can select the type of input you're connecting to the amp. When set to LOW, the input sensitivity is 150mV to 5V from the line level outputs of the source unit. When you switch to HIGH, the input sensitivity is 300mV to 12V from the speaker level outputs of the source unit.
- Punch EQ: The Gyrator-based Punch EQ eliminates frequency shift with boost. It functions as a 0 to +18dB variable Bass Boost at 45Hz. A small screwdriver (not included) is required to set the amount of boost desired.
- Frequency: The Butterworth crossover is internally set to Low Pass, and the cutoff frequency is constantly variable between 50Hz and 250Hz with a slope of 12dB/octave. A small screwdriver (not included) is required to set the frequency.
LED Indicators: The amplifier has three LED indicators on its top panel:
- Input Clip Indicator: The input clip indicator works in conjunction with the audio source's volume knob. It will illuminate red when the audio source reaches its clipping point.
- Output Clip Indicator: The output clip indicator works in conjunction with the amplifier's input level knob. It will illuminate red when the output level has reached the clipping point. When setting the level using test tones, you should adjust the output level until the LED glows blue. If setting the output level using music, the LED should glow blue with only an occasional red indication.
- Power/Protect: The Power LED illuminates blue when the unit is turned on. If the LED turns yellow, a short circuit or too low of an impedance has been detected at the speaker connections. If the LED turns red, the amp has overheated and has shut down.
Left Side of Amplifier:
- Remote Punch Level Control: This RJ45 jack lets you plug in the optional PLC2 Punch Remote Level Control. The control needs to be switched to the ON position in order to use the remote level control.
- Inputs: The 4-pin Molex connector works with the supplied RCA Input Harness. The amp will accept signals from either high-level (speaker) or low-level (RCA) sources. If connected to a high-level input signal, the amp's auto turn-on feature is active.
Note: For high-level input, you can either splice RCA plugs onto the source unit's speaker wires, or cut the RCAs off of the supplied input harness and splice on speaker wires from the source unit using the standard wire color code (left=white, right=gray).
Right Side of Amplifier:
- Power/Remote Terminals: The amplifier's Power, Ground, and Remote terminals are located in a separate plug-in quick connector. The connector has compression terminals that will accept up to 8-gauge wire. When utilizing high-level signals for the auto turn-on feature is active, and the Remote terminal can be used as an output to turn on/off up to two additional amplifiers or other accessories. A small screwdriver (not included) is required to tighten/loosen the compression terminals. Once the wires are installed in the quick connector, the connector can be plugged into the amplifier.
- Speakers: The speaker output has removable compression terminals that will accept up to 10-gauge wire. A small screwdriver (not included) is required to tighten/loosen the compression terminals.
Warranty Terms: Rockford Fosgate Power-series amplifiers carry a two year warranty, when purchased from an Authorized Rockford Fosgate Dealer.
Extended Warranty Offer: Rockford Fosgate offers a one-year extended warranty (for a total of 3 years) when the amplifier is installed using a matching Rockford Fosgate installation kit, such as the RFK8 or RFK8i.