Rockford Fosgate - T400X4AD - POWER MINI - 4-Ch Amplifier 4 X 100WRMS @2 OHMS
- 4-channel car amplifier
- 100 watts RMS x 4 at 2 to 4 ohms
- 200 watts RMS x 2 bridged output at 4 ohms (4-ohm stable in bridged mode)
- CEA-2006 compliant
What's in the box?
- Four-channel amplifier
- Two 14" Input harnesses (4-pin Molex connector to 2 female RCAs)
- Two 8" Speaker output harness (4-pin Molex connector to bare wire)
- Setup disc CD-ROM
- Amplifier Quick Setup sheet
- Certificate of Performance Verification
Features and Specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||100 x 4|
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||290 x 2|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||100 x 4|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||200 x 2|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||20-20000 Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||90 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-250 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/octave|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-250 Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/octave|
|Bass Boost||0-18 dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||45 Hz|
|Speaker Level Inputs||4 RCA|
Overview: The Rockford Fosgate Power T400X4ad is an ultra-compact four-channel amplifier. Even though the amplifier is only 8-5/8" x 4-1/4", it puts out a full 100 watts per channel at 4 ohms or 2 ohms. In bridged mono, the output is 400 watts at 4 ohms.
Class AD: The amplifier features Rockford Fosgate's proprietary Class AD technology, which allows the amp to produce more power with less current draw. It takes the highly efficient bd amplifier design to a full-range application. Class AD uses Dynamic Frequency Switching to increase the switching frequency during lower output levels for better signal resolution. In addition, Post Choke Feedback Filtering removes unwanted distortion by comparing the input signal to the output signal at the speaker connector.
Constant Power: Rockford Fosgate uses a patented circuit design to gain up to 25% more output power. Constant Power actively increases the voltage and current in direct relationship to the rise and fall of music signals to provide additional power.
Fan Cooled: The T400X4ad features dual fans to keep the amp running cool. Dual Fan Forced Induction pulls in fresh air, which pulls heat off of the MOSFETs, and directs airflow into the exhaust channel and out of the amplifier. Since the top and bottom heat sinks are decoupled, the top remains cool to the touch. When installing, you should leave at least 2-3" of clearance around the ends of the amplifier to optimize air flow to the fan intake and exhaust vents.
C.L.E.A.N. Technology: Using Rockford's C.L.E.A.N. (Calibrated Level Eliminates Audible Noise) technology, you can easily and precisely set up the amplifier levels to eliminate distortion from damaging your speakers. Simple LED indicators are used, instead of test equipment, to identify signal clipping at both the input and output, and to match the audio source to the amplifier.
Top Mounted Controls: The T400X4ad features easy-to-reach controls on the top panel of the amplifier. There are two sets of controls: one for the front channels and another for the rear channels. The controls include:
- 2/4 Channel Switch: This switch determines which inputs are active. In the 2CH position, only the front inputs are active, allowing you to feed the signal to all four channels with only a two-channel input. In the 4CH position, both the front and rear inputs are active.
- Input Level: This rotary control lets you match the output of the audio source to the amplifier. A small screwdriver (not included) is required to set the levels.
- Punch EQ: The Gyrator-based Punch EQ eliminates frequency shift with boost. It works in conjunction with the crossover switch on the amplifier. When set to Low-Pass operation, it functions as a 0 to +18dB variable Bass Boost at 45Hz. When set to High-Pass, it is a 0 to +14dB variable Mid-Bass and Treble Boost at 12.5kHz. When set to All-Pass, the Punch EQ boosts both the bass and treble frequencies. A small screwdriver (not included) is required to set the amount of boost desired.
- Crossover Switch: This 3-way switch lets you select Low-Pass (LP), High-Pass (HP), or All-Pass (AP) on the Butterworth crossover.
- Frequency: The crossover frequency is constantly variable between 50Hz and 250Hz with a slope of 12dB/octave. A small screwdriver (not included) is required to set the crossover cut-off frequency.
LED Indicators: The amplifier has three LED indicators on its top panel:
- Input Clip Indicator: The input clip indicator works in conjunction with the audio source's volume knob. It will illuminate red when the audio source reaches its clipping point.
- Output Clip Indicator: The output clip indicator works in conjunction with the amplifier's input level knob. It will illuminate red when the output level has reached the clipping point. When setting the level using test tones, you should adjust the output level until the LED glows blue. If setting the output level using music, the LED should glow blue with only an occasional red indication.
- Power/Protect: The Power LED illuminates blue when the unit is turned on. If the LED turns yellow, a short circuit or too low of an impedance has been detected at the speaker connections. If the LED turns red, the amp has overheated and has shut down.
Left Side of Amplifier:
- Inputs: There are 4-pin Molex connectors for the front and rear channels that work with the supplied RCA Input Harnesses. The front harness has gray and white wires, while the rear harness has purple and green wires. The amp will accept signals from either high-level (speaker) or low-level (RCA) sources. If connected to a high-level input signal, the amp's auto turn-on feature is active.
Note: For high-level input, you can either splice RCA plugs onto the source unit's speaker wires, or cut the RCAs off of the supplied input harnesses and splice on speaker wires from the source unit using the standard wire color code (front left=white, front right=gray, rear left=green, rear right=purple).
Right Side of Amplifier:
- Power/Remote Terminals: The amplifier's Power, Ground, and Remote terminals are located in a separate plug-in quick connector. The connector has compression terminals that will accept up to 8-gauge wire. When utilizing high-level signals for the auto turn-on feature is active, and the Remote terminal can be used as an output to turn on/off up to two additional amplifiers or other accessories. A small screwdriver (not included) is required to tighten/loosen the compression terminals. Once the wires are installed in the quick connector, the connector can be plugged into the amplifier.
- Speakers: Two 4-pin Molex connectors work with the supplied Speaker Output harnesses. The speaker wires can be spliced to the harness' four 16-gauge wires and plugged into the amplifier.
Note: For 2-channel bridged mono operation, the front left + and right - wires and rear left + and right - wires should be used to connect to the speakers (4Ω minimum).
Warranty Terms: Rockford Fosgate Power-series amplifiers carry a two year warranty, when purchased from an Authorized Rockford Fosgate Dealer.
Extended Warranty Offer: Rockford Fosgate offers a one-year extended warranty (for a total of 3 years) when the amplifier is installed using a matching Rockford Fosgate installation kit, such as the RFK8 or RFK8i.