Rockford Fosgate - RFPEQU - Universal Punch EQ
RFPEQUThe RFPEQU universal Punch EQ is a remote control bass knob compatible with any branded aftermarket audio system. Adapter features a high-level signal input with auto turn-on capability and adjustable sensitivity to match any audio source. The 2-channel RCA outputs with built-in line driver allow the signal to connect to any amplifier’s input jacks and overcome any noise. Included cable allows remote bass knob to be conveniently installed near driver/passenger for quick and easy adjustment of bass level.
What's in the box?
- Rockford Punch EQ wired remote
- Hideaway universal PEQ module
- 16.5' remote cable with RJ-45 connectors on both ends
- 12" Power harness
- 12" Signal input harness
- LED with attached 8" power/ground harness
- Additional remote front panel
- Mounting bracket
- Two 1/2" Mounting screws
- Flat washer
- Installation instructions
Overview: The Rockford Fosgate universal Punch EQ is a two band equalizer wired inline between your source and amplifier. The single rotary knob on the wired remote simultaneously adjusts the bass (0 to +18 dB at 45 Hz) and treble (0 to +14 dB at 12.5 kHz).
Auto Turn-on: When using a speaker level input, a signal sensing circuit in the hideaway module automatically turns the unit on when the source signal is present.
Line Driver: The Punch EQ's built-in high voltage (10 volts RMS) line driver improves dynamic range, signal-to-noise ratio, and noise rejection.
LEDs: A red LED on the hideaway module and a blue LED on the wired remote illuminate when the unit is on. An external LED is also included, useful when flush mounting the remote (without the surface mount housing).
- Power: included 4-pin contains constant power (should be fused at 1-amp), ground, remote turn-on input (to turn the Punch EQ on), and remote turn-on output (to turn on an amp)
- Signal Input: included harness has one pair of female stereo RCA jacks; when using a speaker level input the RCAs can be cut off
- Signal Output: one pair of female stereo RCA jacks
- Wired Remote: RJ-45 jack used with the included wired remote and cable
- Level: rotary control to match the incoming source
Wired Remote Installation: The universal Punch EQ includes cables and mounting hardware for installing the wired remote with several options:
- Surface Mounting: from the factory, the wired remote comes installed in its surface mount housing; a metal mounting bracket and two mounting screws are included and the housing can be suspended below, or mounted above a flat surface
- Flush Mounting: the surface mount housing can be disassembled and just the remote mounted to a 9/32" hole in a dash or console panel; the unit's rotary knob extends approximately 1/2" from the dash and the mounting depth is approximately 2-5/8" (including the cable)
- Hideaway Module:
- Width: 4-3/4"
- Height: 1-1/8"
- Depth: 3-3/16" (4-7/8" including wiring)
- Wired Remote:
- Width: 1-7/16"
- Height: 1-1/8" (1-1/4" including mounting bracket)
- Depth: 1-5/8" (3-1/8" including knob and wiring)
- Punch EQ Settings: 0-18 dB at 45 Hz and 0-14 dB at 12.5 kHz (both adjusted simultaneously using the rotary knob on the wired remote)
- Maximum Output Level: 10 volts RMS
- Input Range: 600mV to 10V RMS
- Frequency response: 20 Hz-20 kHz +/-1 dB
- THD+N: 0.005%
- S/N Ratio:
- 100 dB (CEA 2006)
- 110 dB (at 10 volt output)
- Channel Separation: >80 dB
- Input Impedance: 20 kΩ
- Output Impedance: 500 Ω