Rockford Fosgate - R400-4D - PRIME Class D - 4 Ch Amp 4 X 75WRMS @ 4 OHMS
- 4-channel car amplifier
- 75 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms (100 watts RMS x 4 at 2 ohms)
- 200 watts RMS x 2 bridged output at 4 ohms (4-ohm stable in bridged mode)
- CEA-2006 compliant
- variable high- and low-pass filters (50-250 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- variable Punch EQ bass/treble boost (0-18 dB at 45 Hz and 12,000 Hz)
- Class-D amplifier design
- MOSFET power and output stages
- frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz
- preamp inputs and outputs
- 4-gauge power and ground leads recommended — wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- no onboard fuses — when installing multiple amps in a system, an additional 40-amp in-line fuse between the distribution block and the amplifier is recommended
- 9-1/8"W x 2"H x 7-3/8"D
What's in the box?
- 4-Channel amplifier
- 3mm Hex key
- Installation & Operation Manual
- Amplifier Verification Certificate
- 4 Self-tapping screws (length=1-5/8")
Features and Specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||75 x 4|
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||---|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||100 x 4|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||200 x 2|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||20-20k Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||90 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-250 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/oct|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-250 Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/oct|
|Bass Boost||0-18 dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||45 Hz|
|Speaker Level Inputs||No|
|Preamp Outputs||1 pair|
Overview: The Rockford Fosgate Prime R400-4D is a 4-channel full-range Class D amplifier. It is optimized to power a full-range front/rear speaker system. You can also bridge the front and/or rear channels to run a subwoofer or two. The Class D design is very efficient with a cast aluminum heatsink to keep it in a small footprint.
CEA 2006 Compliant: The R400-4D's power ratings are measured according to the strict standards dictated by the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA). These standards allow you to accurately compare the rated power output of all CEA 2006-compliant amplifiers, even different brands. Manufacturers who adhere to the standards can display the CEA 2006 logo on their products and packaging. The RMS power output is as follows (measured with a 14.4 volt input, <1% THD+N, 20 Hz-20 kHz):
- 4-Ohm: 75 watts x 4
- 2-Ohm: 100 watts x 4
- Bridged (4-Ohm): 200 watts x 2
LED Indicator: The amplifier is equipped with a top-mounted LED indicator which illuminates blue when the unit is turned on. The LED illuminates red when a protection circuit engages (short circuit or too low an impedance is detected at the speaker connections). The amplifier automatically turns off if this occurs.
Mounting: The amplifier can be mounted vertically, horizontally, or inverted using the supplied mounting screws; horizontal mounting (right side up) will provide the best cooling.
Independent Controls: The R400-4D has independent, top-mounted controls for the front and rear channels. The controls include:
- Gain Control: The amplifier has rotary gain controls (0 to 11) for front and rear channels.
- Crossovers: The amplifier features independent Butterworth crossovers for the front and rear channels. Each crossover can be set for low-pass, high pass, or all-pass (full range). The crossover frequency is continuously variable from 50-250 Hz with a slope of 12 dB per octave.
Punch EQ: The rear channel has an independent Punch EQ (bass boost) control that works with the crossover switch. When the rear channel crossover is set to low-pass, the Punch EQ can add a bass boost, centered at 45 Hz, from 0 dB to +18 dB.
2/4 CH Switch: When the 2/4 CH switch is set to the 2 CH position, the inputs are switched to a 2-channel mode. The signal on the front input feeds all four output channels, however, you lose front to rear fading capability. In the 4 CH position, the amp uses both front and rear inputs and fading capability is restored.
Power Terminals: The power and ground terminals are nickel-plated set-screw terminals, and will accommodate up to 4-gauge wire. The set screws can be tightened/loosened with the supplied 3mm hex key.
Fuses: The amplifier does not have on-board fuses. A 40A fuse should be placed on the power wire within 18" of the battery.
Remote Turn-On Terminal: The remote turn-on terminal is a nickel-plated set-screw terminal that will accommodate up to 8-gauge wire. The set screws can be tightened/loosened with the supplied 3mm hex key.
Speaker Terminals: The speaker terminals are nickel-plated set-screw terminals that will accommodate up to 8-gauge wire. The set screws can be tightened/loosened with the supplied 3mm hex key.
RCA Input Jacks: There are two pairs of RCA input jacks for the front and rear channels. They are nickel-plated to resist signal degradation caused by corrosion.
RCA Pass-Thru Jacks: The nickel-plated RCA pass-thru jack provides a convenient source for daisy-chaining an additional amplifier without running an extra set of RCA cables from the front of the vehicle to the amplifier location.