Rockford Fosgate - R300X4 - PRIME - 4-Channel Amplifier 4 X 50WRMS @ 4 OHMS
- 4-channel car amplifier
- 50 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms (75 watts RMS x 4 at 2 ohms)
- 150 watts RMS x 2 bridged output at 4 ohms (4-ohm stable in bridged mode)
- CEA-2006 compliant
- variable high- and low-pass filters (50-250 Hz, 12 dB/octave) on front and rear channels
- selectable bass boost (0, 6, 12 dB at 45 Hz)
- Class-AB amplifier design
- MOSFET power supply
- frequency response: 20-20K Hz
- preamp and speaker-level inputs
- 8-gauge power and ground leads and a 50-amp fuse recommended — wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- no onboard fuses — when installing multiple amps in a system, an additional 50-amp in-line fuse between the distribution block and this amplifier is recommended
- 13-1/4"W x 2"H x 7-3/8"D
What's in the box?
- 4-Channel amplifier
- Two 6" Speaker level input harnesses
- 3mm Allen wrench
- Four 3/4" Self-tapping screws
- 4 Flat washers
- Installation & Operation manual (English/ French/ Spanish/ German/ Italian)
- Amplifier verification certificate
Features and Specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||50 x 4|
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||75 x 4|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||150 x 2|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||20-20k Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||80 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-250 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/octave|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-250 Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/octave|
|Bass Boost||0, 6, 12 dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||45 Hz|
|Speaker Level Inputs||Harness|
Overview: The front and rear sections of the Rockford Fosgate Prime R300X4 4-channel amplifier are bridgeable, so it can be wired in 4-channel, 3-channel, or 2-channel mode.
CEA 2006 Compliant: The R300X4's power ratings and signal to noise ratio are measured according to the uniform standards advocated by the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA). This allows you to accurately compare these specifications for all CEA 2006-compliant amplifiers, even from different brands. Manufacturers who adhere to these standards can display the CEA 2006 logo on their products and packaging. CEA2006 Specifications for this amplifier are:
- 4 Ohms: 50 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms, 14.4 volts, and less than 1% THD+N
- 2 Ohms: 75 watts RMS x 4 at 2 ohms, 14.4 volts, and less than 1% THD+N
- Bridged: 150 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms, 14.4 volts, and less than 1% THD+N
- S/N: 80 dB, measured at 1 watt output (100 dB measured at rated power)
LED Indicator: The amplifier is equipped with an LED power/protect indicator. The LED illuminates blue when the unit is turned on. It illuminates red if the thermal or short circuit protection circuit is engaged, and the amplifier will automatically turn off.
Mounting: The amplifier can be mounted vertically or horizontally using the supplied mounting screws. The amplifier should never be mounted in an engine compartment as this will void the warranty.
Gain Controls: The front and rear amplifier channels have independent gain controls. Each rotary control is labeled 1 to 11 and has a sensitivity range of 150mV to 4V when using the RCA inputs, 450mV to 12V when using the speaker level inputs.
Crossover: There are also independent 12 dB/octave crossovers for the front and rear channels. Crossover switches allow you to choose low-pass, high-pass, or full-range operation. The crossover points are continuously variable from 50 to 250 Hz.
Punch EQ: The Punch EQ bass boost circuits are individually selectable, 0 (flat), +6 dB, or +12 dB and centered at 45 Hz.
- 2-CH: when using only the front inputs
- 4-CH: when using the front and rear inputs
Power Terminals: The power and ground terminals are nickel-plated set screw terminals and will accommodate up to 4 gauge power and ground wires.
Fuse: An external 50-amp fuse (not included) must be installed on the power wire at the battery. If a wiring kit is used which includes a fuse with a value other than 50-amps, the original should be replaced with a 50-amp fuse.
Remote Terminal: The remote turn-on terminal is a nickel-plated set screw terminal that will accommodate up to an 8 AWG wire. It's used to remotely turn the amplifier on and off.
Speaker Terminals: The four pair of speaker outputs are nickel-plated set screw terminals what will accommodate up to 8 AWG speaker wire.
RCA Input Jacks: Front and rear RCA input jacks provide an easy connection for preamp level inputs. They are nickel-plated to resist signal degradation caused by corrosion.
Speaker Level Input: Two speaker level input harnesses are included, making it easier to add the amplifier to a factory radio or to a receiver with no preamp outputs.